9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/13/08

What Happened Over The Weekend

After the discussion with the owner of the house I occupy the purchase is still up in the air and even though we have a verbal agreement I will purchase it he understands that may not happen and I understand he can pursue other avenues for the sale. He has already taken hits on funds and actually has some in the bank in Kalifornia that failed. As is in this county sales are down 51% from last year at this time. YIKES!

I learned of three people who in the last several days have lost their jobs. One was to have started last Monday but the position was eliminated before she started and this was after she quit her other to take this one.

My brother and I had good conversations about the state of affairs. He has a better attitude (positive) than I which was good to hear and makes good points. He thinks that after the election for instance the people will begin to force these elected ones in DC to start doing the right things. Believes though that we are in a world of shit and like me all bets are off the table if there is any intervention in Iran.

After partaking of my shredded chicky burrito with the best green chili ever in Salida I headed north but not before a conversation with the owners daughter about business. Simply put there is a major difference between the businesses around them as compared to last year. Not even close to the same volume. Got a call from my bud Graham who along with two of his friends are hiking the Colorado Trail. His fiancee had driven down to meet them and hell they were just a minute up the road at the gas station. 220 into a 500 mile jaunt and all was going okay except for some blisters. Very nice surprise even though I had called and left a message when I was probably passing through but didn't know where they were. Chatted for a few minutes and took off wishing them a continued safe trek through the high country.

Couple minutes later got a call from Jim a long time friend who stayed at the house Thursday night before I left. He is a part time g boy(government) who is doing historical preservation work for the Forest Service and had been working between Leadville and Buena Vista but came up to my neck of the woods to do the same. Anyway someone changed the plan and he was going back to the same place instead of working here. Since we were going to cross paths we met in Minturn where I got gas to bullshit as you can imagine. I don't know about you but I get big kick outta stories and coincidences like this.

On the issue of gas I got 35.4 mpg and have turned over the fuel additive to my brother to see what results he gets. I have used this enough to put up a post on my results which looks like a 10% increase. Will get my figures together soon to get that up. It was good to get away and I can tell you it is very very dry every where.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the house deal works to your satisfaction.
    Is that a trumpet vine in today's pic?
    Good link at Ornery Bastard to an interview of Naomi Wolf about her book. Well worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think trumpet is in the name Jeg. Makes sense. Seen Naomi and should be a must watch for all Amerikans.

    Columbine seeds are not quite ready.

    ReplyDelete