9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/9/09

Make It So Obama

"The thing that impressed me is how this CCC episode of their lives — even if they only served six months — changed their lives forever," said Sally White, a historian with Denver Mountain Parks. "It was that transformational. It made them into something they might not have been otherwise."

Interesting comment that without question is true. I've spoken with several of these men who worked with the CCC and they all spoke fondly of that time and the positive effect it made in their lives.

There's been talk of something like this happening again. I hope it becomes a reality as there are nothing but positives that will come from it and quickly too.

Young people need to feel they have a stake in this game plus they will learn skills they will take with them the rest of their lives.

Yea-get your #1 right on it Barack.

3 comments:

  1. My father worked in the CCC and always seemed to regard it as a positive and proud experience in his life. He was a WWII vet, and I suspect if felt good to him to construct (rather than de-struct.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be the best think to happen to this country in a generation.
    The works of the CCC are still visible around the Pacific Northwest after all thee years.
    Not only skills that last a lifetime, whole industries could flourish long after the fact.

    I have long thought that this is exactly what is needed to turn around the disaster BushCo is leaving us, plus, the youth of this country will get a fucking dose of reality and find out video games don't put food on the table.
    A few thousand callouses won't hurt either.
    I am not talking out my ass either,I am a working man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said!

    As I too Busted. In fact I've gotta work like a sonofabitch to sit on my ass as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete