4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

1/18/09

No Pictures Of Mugabe's She Bitch

Grace Mugabe, 43, known as the First Shopper of Zimbabwe, flew into a rage has beaten up and punched repeatedly in the face A Sunday Times photographer in Hong Kong.

Sweet Grace all pissed off after getting her picture taken had her body guard hold this guy down while she pummeled him with her jewel encased hands causing numerous cuts to this mans face and then runs away. Nice!

President almost Obama even with so much on the plate can we add a side dish of Zimbabwe please? It is long overdue the US begin to take an active role in what is happening in this country. These are the types of issues found in Zimbabwe I want my country to be involved in. Places where a bit of positive change can impact millions with little cost and no war plus make some friends too.

3 comments:

  1. Agriculture - products: corn, cotton, tobacco, wheat, coffee, sugarcane, peanuts; sheep, goats, pigs
    Industries: mining (coal, gold, platinum, copper, nickel, tin, clay, numerous metallic and nonmetallic ores), steel; wood products, cement, chemicals, fertilizer, clothing and footwear, foodstuffs, beverages The World Factbook (CIA) Zimbabwe

    ReplyDelete
  2. President Obama said in his inaugural speech,

    "To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

    Mugabe and his corrupt family will be in the firing line!

    ReplyDelete