9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/24/09

Winter Is Tough On Animals

Sixteen elk were killed early this morning in a traffic accident in the foothills west of Denver.

State wildlife officials say more than a dozen elk have died since Sunday after falling through the ice at Paonia Reservoir in Gunnison County.

Just hate to see this and hope the ones killed by vehicles can be butchered for those in need.

4 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart too. Urbanites move farther out into the countryside and this crap happens all too often, the traffic accident thing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sixteen elk? I have a pretty good imagination, and I can't even imagine how this is possible. What on earth did they hit those animals with? A semi?

    Anyway, it sounds like they need an elk tunnel or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article said a semi and two cars Cujo. If there were very many which appears to be the case 16 is not unusual.

    I've hit one deer or I should say it hit me and that totaled out the car.

    I do not-repeat do not want to encounter an elk the same way but have had many close call with them. Only because I pay close attention was I able to avoid. More elk when it's dark. The deerski I hammered happened on a summer afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That I can imagine, One Fly. Elk are big critters. I'd think one would be enough to total just about any passenger vehicle smaller than a bus.

    Finally noted that sentence at the bottom of the article that said how many vehicles were involved. It's still hard to believe, but if visibility were bad enough, I suppose it's understandable.

    ReplyDelete