9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/27/09

From Santa Barbara To Flag

Drove from Santa Barbara to Flagstaff today and the ride was uneventful to say the least. It's kinda nice to be back in my neck of the woods so to speak.

One thing that's not going to happen is there will be no visit to the Skyway over the Grand Canyon for a couple of reasons. That will have to happen some other time. The south rim of the canyon is on the agenda tomorrow and Wupatki too. Probably stay here tomorrow night as well. This is a nice place and pretty cheap. Listened to the pigboy Limbo a bit and continue to be amazed by the shit that spews out of his mouth.

There were some surfers out on the beach.



At the county building in dontown Santa Barbara.

The mission in Santa Barbara started in 1780 and finished in 1820. Destroyed by fire and earth quakes but rebuilt.

This is where the serious shit went on inside. You had to pay to get inside the building to really see anything. I was surprised this came out as well as it did as it was very dark.

This guy is doing some serious praying to this very day just for you!

Taken on the steps of the mission looking towards the ocean.





There are oil rigs out there and just wasn't able to get a decent picture.


Glad I was going the way I was this morning.

This was actually a bit gross. Butterfly's of some sort.


The Mojave Desert. Talk about no man's land.

18 comments:

  1. Dude,
    you really do take amazing photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nunya but again every dog gets a bone now and then. You wouldn't believe how many get shit canned. I'm going to really work at getting interesting ones at the ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics, One Fly.

    Hope you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I'd love to be there. Enjoy it because CO is soon in your future. Not that that's a bad thing, especially where you live. Hey! Lumpy's 3 under behind some guy named Sean O'Hair (Addidas shoes, must be European) who is winning at 8 under. In case eyou want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember hitting clouds of bugs when I was driving through the mountain states many years ago. Yuck. My kingdom for a hose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat pics!
    What's the flower in the header?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dat's my town: Santa Bruta to the locals. Surf's normally not great in SB cuz the islands screen a lot of good south swell.

    Did you encounter the butterflies in CA? If so, they're probably monarchs.

    the drive up to Flag from SB can be a long one if you get bad weather climbing out of Kingman...I did it one time in winter in a 1300cc datsun p-up with the sparsest of heaters...a LONG, COOOLD drive pretty much all the way from barstow...

    If you're passingthrough ABQ, lemme know? I'll buy ya a beer and a bowla chile...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know th place downtown Flag, used to be called "Choi's?"

    Cheap, plentiful eats there in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures, those butterflies are bumming. One of my brothers lives in the Mojave and loves it. Gorgeous in the spring I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know what the flower is jeg. None were in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your in my neck of the woods now Dude. I know Santa Barbara like the back of my hand as I went to highschool in the area.

    Great photos of the GC...why couldn't you go to the skywalk? I am going there in May..and to Utah as well..gotta see Monument Valley before I die.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and all the butterflies? Santa Barbara is part of the migration pattern for those lil guys..its amazing when you see thousands of them, but sad when they end up on your windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey -
    While you are in town please be sure to check out the local news and weather at _the_ Santa Barbara Local News website:
    http://www.PlanetSantaBarbara.com
    there you will find information on activities, family, schools and even religion.

    Check it out! And don't forget to sign up for the newsletter!

    thanks,
    Matt Mason

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again guys and something tells me you're a real "California Girl" Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moi? Hell, I am a native Californian! ;)

    Lived from San Fran to San Diego and a whole lotta points inbetween. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dusty- it was 60-70 miles into the skywalk and I didn't want to get stuck out there because the car was having an issue. And yes you must see the valley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...that long a drive? Dunno if I want to do it either..although my car is relatively new and running great. Thanks O.F. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete