4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

3/9/10

The Dirt Baggers-Oops I Mean Dirt Farmers Are Worried Back In The Cornfield

Farmers are going to bitch about something that's just the way it's been and it will not change. They'll bitch day in day out. They'll bitch about the same thing for awhile or move on if there is something better to bitch about until that particular bitch grows old then move back to the starting bitch or maybe bitch about several things if they think it will make them feel better. Bitchers they are and bitchers they will remain and it will never change and that you can take to the bank.

This is what some are bitching about now.



But she's the kind of farmer the Obama administration wants more of, and that raises alarms among some colleagues in conventional agriculture. They worry they'll be harmed by the Agriculture Department's new focus on small farms and encouragement local production of fruits and vegetables.

A female agricultural terrorist wreaking havoc in da cornfield you betcha.

Personally I would like to see the corn belt filled with this type of agriculture. There are opinions from the other side that say vegetable production like this would not even make a dent in what is consumed. I disagree and think that in the future this is where and how most of our vegetables will be grown.

That is if the bitchers can pull their bigoted heads out of there asses and contribute. Don't count on it.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    There are many in N.C. doing the same - even small timers sharing communal veggie plots!

    The word is spreading (and who wants to eat oversprayed, toxic veggies anyway?).

    And we will make a dent!

    Okay, a small dent. But it will be dented!

    S

    There are opinions from the other side that say vegetable production like this would not even make a dent in what is consumed. I disagree and think that in the future this is where and how most of our vegetables will be grown.
    _______________

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe there's hope for the cornfield yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be a big dent if the effort was made Suzan but we won't.

    Maybe a wee bit jeg but these guys are afraid of anything unless they think it means $'s for sure in their pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv it! I'd eat from the small veggie farmer everyday rather than from agribusiness.

    ReplyDelete