4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

8/28/10

Glenn Beck supports organized labor?

Glenn Beck and his followers have certainly not done much research. Attaching themselves to MLK means they are celebrating the life of a man who fought for many things, including organized labor, didn't realize Beck was such a fan, his boss, Rupert Murdoch certainly isn't.

Wikipedia
On March 29,1968,King went to Memphis,Tennessee in support of the black sanitary public works employees,represented by AFSCME Local 1733, who had been on strike since March 12 for higher wages and better treatment. In one incident, black street repairmen received pay for two hours when they were sent home because of bad weather, but white employees were paid for the full day

Dr. King was assassinated a few days later.

3 comments:

  1. Beck is a Klan Klown. He's stiring up the stupid and getting a handsome paycheck for doing it.

    I don't believe the man believes half of what he says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched a bit of the Beck-A-Looza on Cspan and I had to keep asking myself, What the point of all this? Typical T bag'r crowd, middle age on up to retired people with their lawn chairs and 'merican flags at one point there were more black people on the stage than in the crowd which I guess was 10,000. Bussed in by the Koch's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that too and thought I clicked on the wrong icon and got the other one by mistake. Couldn't stand it long enough to see the actual crowds. At times I'm so close to dropping out I tell you. This shit is very hard to take given all the circumstances.

    Thanks Holte.

    ReplyDelete