4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

1/1/11

1/1/11

Happy New Year to everyone who comes by today and most everyone else as well. We start the first day of this new year out with a temp of about -16. I'm not going anywhere. Probably will be worse tomorrow morning.

Media loves to do the year end clips and such and I miss those purposely as I've seen too many. There are also predictions and other types of bullshit to fill the empty shelves in this country's store of consciousness with more of the same. Many I read and link to on my side are better and smarter than the painted faces on the tube and our side differs greatly on how things are going and headed in the next year. Our side will argue vehemently with one and another on just how much each one knows and who is more correct. It's a huge negative.

Briefly this last decade was amazingly bad for how many reasons one wants to chose. This next year looks like the same will continue but that's me.

I am so lucky to have the lifestyle I do and have had.There is a change coming that I will try to post on later. I try to spread what I have around a bit and that's coming to an end. I will do my best not to complain when the luck stops as how can I complain when around the globe and here as well far too many have it not too good.

To everyone I wish this year is a very good one for you. I hope that what we hear from our leaders pans out and conditions begin to improve on all fronts. I better stop before I put a hex on things. Seriously-

HAPPY NEW YEAR

6 comments:

  1. Happy "Next" Year to you also brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well, OneFly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading some bad things into your post One Fly. Hope I'm wrong and 2011 is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sagacity is only exceeded by your good looks, Fly. May this new year be your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OF,

    VERY bad vibes from your post, please let me know WTF is going on.

    Tim M KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry friends I had no intent to mislead. I'm actually in a great mood and the tone is one of my becoming nervous about quitting work and gambling on not having health insurance if that makes any sense. Probably not. Thanks for giving shit!

    ReplyDelete