9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

4/2/11

Silence In Chernobyl

Some time ago a friend sent me a link to Chernobyl Revisited. A Russian women who rides a motorcycle travels to and posts pictures and her thoughts from what she sees around and near the Chernobyl disaster. It is very revealing and put up an example below because more than once she comments on how totally spooky silent it is everywhere. This is worth perusing a bit and I guess this is what will be coming to parts of Japan sooner than later.



This town might be an attractive place for tourists. Some tourists companies have been trying to arrange tours in this town, but the first group of tourists found the silence unnerving and downright SPOOKY. And it is. They charged 1200 hryvnas for a 2 hour excursion and after some 15 minutes, they wanted to flee to the outside world. The silence here is deafening.

3 comments:

  1. I watched a segment about Chernobyl on PBS recently that was very interesting. Yes, the sound of silence....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year, I wrote a post on Chernobyl and mentioned that woman (a nuclear scientist's daughter). Everyone should read her descriptions of the place; it's a must as scientists and heads of states don't tell us the truth about consequences of nuclear power.

    On the contrary, they cooperate with lies, such as the climate is changing because of daily polution. No, it's changing because of nuclear experiments and the burying of nuclear waste which God knows how and where it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duta I searched for Chernobyl at your place and it brought nothing up. I would like to read that.

    ReplyDelete