4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

5/22/11

It Got Loose Somehow

It's true and let's be clear with the bitching and moaning that goes on here about the shitty weather the last seven weeks and I do mean shitty! No one has been hurt period as many have around the country. It's human nature to bitch about the weather and if you come from a cornfield bottom line there's gonna be talk about the weather and a bunch too. Just the way it is. Our flooding is coming and what's left to determine is how bad it will it be. The weather will determine that ya see.

Having said that yesterday was a real pisser. It sucked but today  - yes today the sun returned after four days of real ugly and crappy. YES!

Taken just a bit ago this is the Yampa River one that will flood. Historically this has not flooded here but we also have historical numbers of snow as well.


I'm going for a ride and look around. Have a good one everybody.

4 comments:

  1. Love that gate with all the greenery. And a river beyond. An impending flood doesn't sound good. I hope it doesn't damage that beautiful scene and others like it.

    I have to say that is a stunning photo in your header. I have a suspicion it's along the PCH, which is a place I've never been, but hope to remedy that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually city property behind that gate. Maybe one very good reason there will never be spec houses built here as the rich don't like to share and they can't own the river front. Fine by me.

    It is the PCH Teresa. My first time and of course there was no time to explore. I'd like to do it again but I bet it won't happen. Maybe though. It's fun damn it and you'll have a blast if you get there. Hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope you keep your feet dry - other than the "on purpose" times when trout fishing. And I hope you keep "flash floods" in mind while you're knocking about . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will jeg and this is one place it can flash flood for sure and does on a regular basis.

    Trout?? What's that. It'll be the end of June at least before there's a chance of catching anything in these rivers.

    ReplyDelete