4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

11/29/11

Those Damn Talibans Cheated

Remember the whining about how those insurgents in Iraq who didn't play correctly because they did not engage our Empire with huge numbers preferably in the open so they could be mowed down by our vast arsenal of superior fire power? The latest debacle of death at our hands of the 24 pakistani's happened - well because we were "lured".

In addition it was a "poorly marked border area" and it seems our military is unable to tell where the fuck it's at ya see.

5 comments:

  1. 'Friendly Fire' will get you every time. Those darn Taliban! They're even trickier than the Viet Cong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if we build a great big fence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tillman family knows all about "friendly fire".

    The streets of Islamabad will be the decider on this, and others to come.

    Pakistan will strengthen their ties with China.
    It will be looking more and more to the East, instead of the West.

    Pakistan now has better relations with India than they do the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any of you smart fellers have an idea when something is going to go our way?

    I expect nothing but even worse of more of the same. Feeding on the hind teat gets old.

    ReplyDelete