4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

4/29/13

Good On The Sherpas

Switzerland's Ueli Steck and Simone Moro from Italy I'm sure feel they're just pretty special and don't have to follow instructions.

Sherpas wanted to kick their ass and I don't blame them and feel this is pretty much what happened while climbing Everest.

The fight allegedly broke out after the pair ignored orders to hold their climb while the Sherpas were rigging ropes. One version of events is that the guides asked the climbers to wait while they went ahead and secured ropes, but the climbers continued and dislodged ice which fell on the guides.

Mr Moro said  "getting hit by chunks of ice is a very natural occurrence". Ok then Uely Steck should damn well understand that because -

In 2007, whilst climbing up the direct line on the southern flank to the summit of Annapurna in the Himalayas, he was hit by a falling rock which smashed his helmet. He was knocked unconscious, slipped more than 200 feet, but survived with only bruises and a concussion.

And if he/they did put these men in danger I don't blame these guides for being annoyed! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the header!!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great header!!! Too bad some people just gotta be A H's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Sherpas aren't making the news because they beat up people on a regular basis. These two men did things that made them mad enough they felt the need to kick some butt.

    ReplyDelete