9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

4/20/13

The Way It Is This Morning In The Cornfield

It's been a long time. A no bullshit thank you to those of you who contacted me for the lack of posting.

I was sick and still slightly am since I returned from Costa Rica on 3/28. Only a few remnants left with that but it was for a long time. In many ways it's like spending three months in another country didn't happen.

I don't have a whole lot to say and actually have been chastised for taking realistic positions. I guess the train of optimism that so many are on needs to be boarded or something like that. Apology's for saying bama was going to throw mine/yours/everybody's Social Security and other things onto the rails for so long a time. Ya like if I would have had your optimism that it wasn't going to happen that would have made a difference. Plus I cuss to goddamn much. You guys get off the train!

I've learned a lot in recent months and some things already known and predicted were reinforced. Like how important it is for me to live where it's warmer for one.

I like the simplicity of life I had in CR. My experience was probably different than most. It's not paradise by any means. It about life and how you interact with it given what you have and what you think is important to you. I just happen to think that simple is better in many cases.  I think it's fair to say some expats there face alcohol and drug issues. And just for your information the pot wasn't worth a shit and was expensive. Coke $10 a gram and pretty good I'm told.

Continue to take the position this country is incapable of moving forward in a positive way. We can't have an intelligent conversation on most anything. Optimism will not change innocents being killed in our name other places and until we understand innocents killed by us are just as important to "them" as ours are to us the human race can not move forward in a positive way.

Some conflict has returned but I am very optimistic of the future and look forward to what I think and hope will be an interesting adventure into what's left of life without conflict.

Got a kick out of meeting so many interesting people. Knew that would be the case. It's fun damn it. The food I swear was noticeably better. It was all literally bursting with flavor. That was something I wanted to learn. Our food sources have been bastardized slowly for so long that it's something other now. I am not wrong on this go see for yourself. It's almost worth going back again just for the food I shit you not!

A place where I walked was a favorite soaring spot for buzzards from all over because there were a lot of them. I found watching them to be very peaceful.

Stuff like that.


 

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back. And now that you are here, please remember, Don't Drink The Water.

    And can you explain the cloud formation above that mountain in the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mont. I do drink the water but we pinch it down to .5 micron.

      There are actually two things going on. 9 in the morning. The cloud over the west peak is just that and zooming in it it appears to be a bit on the back side. The saddle is 32 miles away. The what were ski slopes at Cuchara out side of La Veta are 39. Big clouds like the one overhead just hang at times and drift very slowly and slightly north east. The Spanish Peaks are just a few degrees off of due south.

      Delete
  2. Glad ya got back in one piece pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montag, I see those kinds of clouds all the time over Mt. Hood.
    I forget what they call them but they are common around big mountains like Fuji also.
    Sometimes they stack up like smoke rings on top of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bout time ya got back on the entirenet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back. Not only has our food been turned to doodoo, but we've been convinced that doodoo is so much better than what anyone else in the world eats. If it's any consolation, I think your observations about politics and life in general are mostly quite accurate and obviously come after a long life of paying attention. The natural result of that is pessimism. I find pessimism a positive thing for growth. Unbounded, unfounded optimism in anyone over 30, in my mind, can lead to Jim Jones. Everyone does not have to be pessimistic, but it pays to listen to those who are. Each of us does not have to be pessimistic in all parts of our lives, either. You seem to have great enthusiasm for exploration and meeting new people. How nice that can complement your need to be warm in the winter. I only wish you'd winter in a place with better internet so we could have heard about your adventures on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. " life and how you interact with it given what you have and what you think is important to you" ... truer werds, Ol' Chum ... and most important whereEVER you live! I feel ya' on that living in warmer climes dealie, too! Glad yer back .......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone and that was more than just just being nice. I VERY much appreciate this. TB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back. I had been wondering about you and what had happened. I hope the cat was there and your and she are best friends again. And not very many rodents in the house :)

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The damn cat snuck two past me last night Linda. One was my fault when I was checking the cat door and locking it up for the night. It's a killing machine preferably inside where it has help meaning I gotta do the dirty work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continue to take the position this country is incapable of moving forward in a positive way. We can't have an intelligent conversation on most anything.

    Sadly, you're not wrong there. At least, it's awfully hard to have an intelligent conversation on much of anything. So many of us seem to have our own little mythologies we prefer to the reality we could perceive if we tried.

    Glad to see you back, One Fly. Hope things keep getting better in the corn field. They looked lovely the other day, if a bit barren...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that Cujo. It sucks to have to say that all the time but it's the damn truth and has nothing to do with being negative.

    barren is correct.

    I'm going to post on Riverbend tomorrow and will link to you. That has been one of the few highlights recently.

    ReplyDelete