.

2/15/17

For A Friend

I returned to Mexico 1/7/17. On the 4th received a call that Andres had collapsed in Puerto Vallarta. He is the one sitting and the photo is from this post. He never regained consciousness and passed away on the 18th.

Never would I have thought this guy would go out like this. Just figured he'd be around like forever. Many took a big hit losing him. It's a different place around this tiny burg but the shock is wearing off. We had a lot in common and this has me seriously looking at life and what's left of it a bit differently.

So this ones for you mi amigo! He would have liked this. Adios.


10 comments:

  1. My deep sympathy. Yes, those we feel so close to--it seems that they should always be there. This second half of life is as difficult as the first half was. Just hard in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely said Billy and I agree. This getting older is not easy and I pretty much have my health or think so.

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your friend. My sincere condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your loss, Tom! We are now at that point in our lives where the Obits are full of those our ages. It tells me we (all) must live and do and be to the fullest for time is growing short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! All that and more Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I can think of several worse ways to go out with much more drama and 'to do' about it. and you know one thing for certain; we all goin'. Funny in a way how one's perspective about that changes over time, too. Truth is, few choose their own time and place for that. We rightfully concern ourselves with the living of our life and not the ending of it. You Keep On Keepin' On, Pardner.
    Props to both You and Andres

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences, my friend. My two closest friends died suddenly while still in their early 50s. But they're always there....

    ReplyDelete