4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

4/11/09

This Number Is Scary

Colorado tax collections for March down 22%. The results were 13.4 percent lower than a conservative budget forecast. Corporate income tax revenues fell $24 million below projections, individual income taxes were off $32.2 million and sales taxes fell $2.9 million short of expectations.

Every state has it's own issues these days but with numbers like these Colorado may be in for some very rough times. Posts made here tell of the same locally. There are no jobs here and the mountain closes today but that doesn't mean a hell of a lot cause there are no tourists anyway.

3 comments:

  1. We are all hurting in every state. Wisconsin's tax collections are way down, too, which is making the $5 billion deficit even worse. State as well as county workers have been getting laid off, with no signs of being called back anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are going to see roughly 20% of the economy gone for years because of easy credit. The remaining 80% are going to be careful with the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portland and the surrounding areas got gut-punched again this week, economically speaking.Reading the stastics doesn't really tell the story let alone the truth. The problems are evident but no one has courage to propose and enact the solutions; to do so would be a class war resembling the worst of the Latin American conflicts. LOOK OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete