9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/3/13

Me And Mah Guns

I don't know about where you live but back in Colorado gun people,gun worriers,gun nuts,gun stupids just plain gun anything have several times now commandeered public meetings intended for other purposes and not always in a polite or constructive way.

Yes I have guns. Four of them. Three long guns and one pistol with a few bullets for each. A couple occasionally get shot a few times and generally get put away fairly quickly because I've become a piss poor shot and it can be expensive to do for very long. I like shooting guns always have. It's fun.

The very last thing on this guy's mind is my fucking guns. Never once has the thought of anyone coming to get my guns now or in the future ever entered my mind - ever.

Nor has the thought that of not being able to buy devices that allow more bullets to be shot before needing to add more chapped my ass in any way that I felt so much worry over that I needed to actively participate in a vocal and public disrespectful way in an attempt to even stop discussion on that topic.

What I find interesting is how very far removed as a firearm owner my thoughts on guns are compared to these other people. It borders on the bizarre it really does. And it ain't changing.

I must be all fucked up.

11 comments:

  1. No, your like most of us. I have two, don't think of them for months at a time. The fact that gun guys run around taking over meetings is a clear signal where they want to go with this country, rule by threat, force. Oh isn't that like a feral dog pack, fascism? (I said like, not is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree exactly and it is. If these simple fucks had their way it would quickly turn to mass killings of certain types. They've made that clear with the word speak they use. I do not think it's a much of a stretch at all to have an opinion such as this. These sonsofbitches kill it's just as simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my rural area most everyone has a gun, if nothing else you might need to euthanize some animal that gets hit on the highway. But why, oh why, is it that the one person out of everyone I know here, the one person who got kicked out of the army a couple of years ago, and makes me think that was probably a good idea, is the one who shows up at the door to show off his new AK47 with a huge magazine? His Facebook page is full of anti-Obama, blame everything on "liberals" kind of stuff. I know that by the time he reaches 30, he may mellow out and he's basically a good kid, but somehow right wing garbage has taken root in his brain. I blame this all on Rush Limbaugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from Louisiana. Of course I have guns. But anybody who needs a 50-round magazine for hunting needs to spend some time target practicin' at the range. Just sayin'.

    - Badtux the WTF Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  5. And none of us I'm sure fear what all the others do. It is more than odd for damn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how I feel - What can you hunt with a AK-47 or a Glock 9 with a 33 round clip?


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your attitude toward guns and the time you spend thinking about them is much closer to the thoughts and opinions of most Americans. Then I recall Nixon's Silent Majority speech and like you, 'Fly, wonder if I'M the one who's really out of touch with reality ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that bj. The internets have been broken for a while.

      Delete
  8. Hey, I've seen that itchy trigger finger in action, and I know that you can pump out 10 rounds faster than anyone I know. Also you probably are certifiable. jes sayin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a lot of respect for gun ownership and all the fun a person can have with them (guns, not gun owners) but don't own one myself. Closest thing to a weapon in this house (other than my lovely and dangerous wife) is the air-pump pellet rifle I use to discourage starlings from eating my sunflower seeds. Anyone who needs an AR15 and a 50 round mag is compensating for a small pecker and the fact that mommy didn't breastfeed his ass long enough.

    We're a nation of men suffering from Penis Envy, apparently... Go figure.

    ReplyDelete