9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/25/13

Pope Frankie And The Dilemma Of Just What Is He

So many want to claim this guy as one of theirs b b b but he was born in Italy. b b b b but he grew up in Argentina and speaks Spanish and loves poor folks more than anyone else. Questions questions ya see -

 Does a Latino have to have indigenous blood?" asked the LA Weekly newspaper of Los Angeles beneath the headline, "Is The New Pope Latino?"

I was getting a cold drink in a smoothy shop here in Atenas and when the fellow behind the counter could not understand my poor Spanish he came back with just as good of English as mine. Have had several interesting conversations with him. He is Tican and has lived in the States.

Making this real short this young man faced some difficulties in the United States - well because he's kinda brown and speaks Spanish ya see. When the bigots found out he was from Costa Rica they lightened up on him a bit (just a bit) because he wasn't one of those damn Mexicans ya see.

Put Poop Frankie in the right clothes and place him in Anywhere USA and real quick he'll be one of those illegal fucking Mexicans who are taking everything from us.

How about human being first and foremost and will that word be heard from the new guy? If he does that would be "ser hermano". Those damn Spanish speakers I tell you. Imagine the outrage if those in robes and beanies had picked a Mexican. The horror!!

The fact that "Steve" got treated poorly at times in my country and I get treated so well in his borders on the disgusting. 

4 comments:

  1. Being from Argentina, I suppose you could say Pope Francis is a 'Silverino'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my small farming community, Mexicans have long outnumbered whites. Probably 60% of the kids in my school were Hispanic, and I don't recall that being a problem. Some were 5th generation, same as I was, but they got to go to Mexico in the winter. The real outsiders started coming into our area 25 years ago when our county board of stupidvisors allowed a gated "community" to be built out here, 15 miles from the nearest town. The golfers who lived there have never learned to be good neighbors. They look down there noses at all of us who were here before them. They demand services from the county that they think they deserve just because they've been financially successful, and don't care if a new road harms our farming community. They are the ones who are draining our resources and giving nothing in return. I count you as very lucky to be living amongst Hispanic people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to type "their" noses, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing that by a mile Fearguth.

    I hate golfers. Golfers are special. I golf but sure as hell ain't special. There is good and bad here like anywhere. I am treated very nicely here. Maybe it's because I look like I need help or something like that. People are genuinely happy to see you especially if you've met before. I've been here long enough I now run across people all over the damn place.

    ReplyDelete