9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

12/16/14

Non Responders

Mentioned before how outwardly friendly the locals have been here in Nagalito. Not just here but everywhere. Including of course the south side of Puerto Vallarta.

From store clerks to vendors on the street including walkers like myself you are likely to be greeted along with a wave and a smile if you don't get to it first. That includes the whole nine yards men,women young and old and the kids as well.

Had no clue it would be like this and I find it to be a very nice part of life that is different back "home". People do a pretty good job of it all in all but not like here.

In the month I have been here there have been four people who have not responded to being greeted. All have been gringos. It's true. Any more I say nothing to what is obvious as I am myself a gringo. Just saying!

Still no whale.

15 comments:

  1. That iguana would scare Godzilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing. Any time I've ever been in a country other than the US, I'm amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone is. Even people with the opposite reputation, like the French and Germans. They couldn't have been nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best as I'm sure you do to welcome those from another country when I run across them but it doesn't happen very often. Wish to be an example of just what we're discussing.

      Delete
  3. Great header! It's good that this trip is turning out to be real nice.


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reptile in the tree is really quite beautiful. Some states are friendlier than others here in the U.S. I know what you mean though -- some places in the US are rather stuffy. Nice that you are enjoying the whales and folks -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that Barbara. Not seen a whale yet. Do I rate a link to the picture place on your blog yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my stay in Penetanguishine in Ontario, a very remote place, in the summer I got into the habit of speaking to everybody which is the custom there. Mostly French speakers but I can handle that. By the way just noticed you have a YouTUBE channel. Great clips. Why do you move around so much. Are the Feds looking for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope not Tony!! My home is in southern Colorado as you probably know. In my life starting in the cornfields of Iowa I have disliked winter and have it in my head that if I;m somewhere warm during that time I will eat better-be more active and maybe be a bit more healthy and thus possible live a bit better quality of life by doing so. Thinking gets me in trouble though. I like it here south of Puerto Vallarta and at this time think I very well may return. It's easy the people are wonderful and it is just plain interesting. Plan on returning end of Feb and HAVE to get a knee worked on - that's all there is to it.

    Happy Holidays and may 015 be the best ever for you. TB

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely south of the Puerto, my friend. Keep warm. I won;t. ;)

    ReplyDelete