9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/7/10

Gotcha

You try to fudge the system these days and chances are you will lose. The badges have and suits have all the weapons on their belts in their trunks and at the end of their radios and cell phones. If they want you or you have screwed up they will eventually get you. Used many other places ALPR has come to the Rocky Mountains.

It scans your license plate and throws it into a data base that will come back with all sorts of shit they can fuck with you for. That's life these days and that's just the way it is with this technology. I do what ever I can to stay away from the badges and not draw attention to myself. I get real nervous when approached by someone with a gun and his hand on it.

Much less leg work now and the donut factor is gonna wreak havoc on the waistline.

6 comments:

  1. When I moved back to New York From Vermont I was surprised to see this bottom feeding technology being used here in Lake Placid. We are like your town, a resort community that advertises and promotes ours small village as a place to vacation and enjoy life away from all the crowd and clutter of daily life in more populated areas,and I simply find it amazing that we allow our police to drive around with a net outside their vehicle to catch visitors. The sad thing is that research has shown that the majority of people caught in this electronic net are average citizens guilty of unpaid traffic violations in their city or town of residence. So we spend millions getting people to visit our town and then piss of the ones guilty back home. I'm glad though that I can come home and be assured by our local PD that the guy renting the condo next us has paid his parking tickets back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh.

    Thanks for following this, sweetie!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gives new meaning to the tune Gene Autry made popular long ago, The Last Round-Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It couldn't get much better for the guns. Ride around and let the puter do the work. It's like all the bad guys rode up a box canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entire border of the nation is a sort-of Constitution-free (or at least Constitution-lite) zone. We've given our rights away.

    This is one arena where it is actually better to be female. I think in general the badges take it easier on us. Suits are equal-opportunity screwers, however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Suits are equal-opportunity screwers"

    That was a huge yuk yuk Billie.

    ReplyDelete