9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/3/10

Success Kind Of

Let's just say if multitudes needed to be fed today almost all would have gone hungry. You're looking at the catch of the day and I'm glad I got this one. Wind was howling and I missed the three others that gave me a chance. One chased it so good and tripped the trigger too early. Water is still high but next week it will be real good down there.

Had new waders on that I thought would work so well. Wrong - I fell three times because they have no traction on the rocks and something will have to be done.

A few other pictures from today and a short video of how not to run rapids.

So sorry you have to go to bed hungry kiddies-really.








There wasn't much action and it took a long time before I even saw a fish. When I got home fished out back and nice water but again not a fish was stirring for the one fly that I use. Whether is was here or there I had a blast today and feel so fortunate I am able to go and do what I did today.

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a good time today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went fishing Wednesday. Lake Jacksonville, rated the best bass lake in Illinois by Field and Stream is about 90 minutes away. My two idiot fishing partners decided to go to a sewer of a lake called Argyle cause it was only an hour away. I got a nice tan.


    I should do a post on this trip cause it was comical how everything was fucked up. Glad to see you caught something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Nunya it was okay and it's always better when there's a bit of action. The water is still high from runoff but will be good very soon.

    Some of my favorite fishing times back there Truth came from fishing those small farm ponds. For whatever reason I can't throw lures as it bothers my shoulder but a with a fly rod it doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete