9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/23/10

What's An Ear Of Corn Have To Do With Anything?

Not much with this marmot but he can’t do much besides stand there anyway. I had brought back several ears a few years ago because I thought the local tree rats might enjoy some primo stuff. These are still around so that’s how much I knew about that. In any case just for the hell of it the other day I asked our crew members how many had seen or held an ear of field corn. It was like 3 out of 12. I was very surprised at that. Mankind has sustained itself on maize forever it seems and we all know the story of corn the good and the bad. It’s everywhere. Take this for example.


 
 
There are millions of hogs back in the cornfield (cornfield means Iowa-that’s just the way it is) and these are hog confinement buildings where hogs are raised where they eat mostly corn by the way. In these two buildings there are probably 5,000 hogs. Pigs everywhere and what kills me is that you never see one. They won’t let you see one because of disease possibilities. You can find a hog now and then but hogs aren’t raised outside anymore at least in numbers.




We have changed to an urban society and in the future that may turn out to be an extreme negative. We have money for three wars but what we need too is a program for raising organic food or make incentives to do so. Get people back in the country so they can learn what the hell an ear of corn is.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah my dream, land. self sufficient.
    Maybe some day.

    I think I'm losing my mind, didn't I already comment on..this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry-you're ok Tim. Yes you did already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers in your header are superb!! I also like the picture with the ear of corn.
    You're right. We should go back to basics and raise organic food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was buying eggs the other day and noticed that the jumbo eggs carried a warning that some eggs may have two yolks but you shouldn't be afraid of this.

    I think that some of us may be too far gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take a picture of all the pretty flowers I see Duta. I got some more good ones this morning I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny Mont. For some reason there were more double yolkers in West Africa than here and what was strange about that is that they came from the small eggs.

    ReplyDelete