9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/7/11

Salida Girls

When I left here last Thursday morning it became obvious 60 miles down the road the irritation in my right eye was probably a foreign object and not a simple scratch experienced many times before and that before I got to where I was going someone was going to look at it and I was not turning around.

Nothing in Minturn-saw nothing along the way in Leadville or Buena Vista but I know both towns surely have optometrists. Grabbed the yellow pages in Salida and got the addresses to a couple optometrists and found the second one easily as it was just a few blocks away.

Walked in off the street and left in about 40 minutes after being taken care of and treated so nicely from every member of the staff and the one male that interacted with me. Yes walked out with one less piece of metal in my eye and a prescription.

Thank you all at the Rocky Mountain Eye Center in Salida,CO for taking such good care of me and for being so nice outgoing and friendly!

That was accomplished with a $20 co-pay and $10 for my part of the prescription from a whining pharmacist who was annoyed that I wasn't from there and he had to write down some information. I don't think he was from there because he was not very nice. 

I don't know what all of this would have cost but I'm sure several hundred and not sure what I would have done without insurance. Certainly waited until it got bad enough till something had to be done and this was something that needed specialized equipment.

Every American deserves access to treatment like this so they do not have to pay hundreds of dollars because health care is unavailable to them  or they just don't have any.

Thanks again ladies.

7 comments:

  1. I can imagine that beautiful trout thinking,"Well, if I had to get caught, at least it was by that nice Mr. One Fly."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is correct my friend as they all get released unharmed.

    BTW there is more snow outside than I've ever seen before I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've already had three snow events this winter, with another forecast for Tuesday-Wednesday. The last time I liked snow was when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salida's a nice town. When I lived in Co. we used to drive there for the kyack races. They used to have a couple of huge trout in a fountain, don't know if they still do. Glad everything turned out nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just switched insurance companies and just doing that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you were able to get that taken care of. You are an amazing photographer and you need your eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-thank you for that Liberality.

    ReplyDelete