9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/23/11

Solidarity Rally In Denver

It was a beautiful day in Denver and by my estimation there were over 2000 that showed up in support of unions, teachers and what's right for the working person and to show support for the protesters in Wisconsin.

Afterward there was time for lunch at a Vietnamese joint on south Federal  an area not far from downtown and where I lived for a bit. It was really good and instead of costing $10 like it would here it was seven smacks.

It was over a ten hour day and drove down and back without incident and very little traffic to the heart of downtown with easy parking three blocks away.

There were tea nutters but no huge numbers. It's fair to say they were very rude to many people and were downright just plain pricks and assholes.

Denver has never felt like a big city to me and I would live here and not have to think twice about doing so.

This event was one where it was important to show up in person. I am very glad to have participated and to be part of a statement that what is being attempted by dregs of the right wing does not and will never fly with people who are aware of the reality and not the reality from fux whore news.



6 comments:

  1. Good for you. So glad to see people taking to the streets. I'm not one of them..yet, but it's still pretty quiet here... Is that your photo of the placard that says Middle class closed for business? if so, may I use it possibly in a future post, with attribution of course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these are mine Theresa. Used bloggers player for the video as it was illustrative only. The Denver whore post said 500 attended. Someone doesn't care to count. There were at least 2000 if there was one. That's pretty much always the case when our side turns out. As with the video I saw from channel 4 that was there. They started it out with the baggers and half of their vid was on them. It's kinda hard to take good pictures at an event like this.

    Thanks Teresa and you are welcome to my stuff anytime at both places. Minnesota where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    "In war, truth is the first casualty."

    North central, in the Brainerd lakes area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah-the racing days of Donnybrook not to mention the fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip well worth taking. May the tide be turning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be nice Pat but I see no indication of that as yet.

    ReplyDelete