9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/12/11

Where's The Popcorn??

UPDATE: A friend left some hints and a recipe on cooking popcorn in the comments. It's pretty good.

It may seem like a issue of little importance but to those who like popcorn just about anytime it's a bigger deal. Not just any old popcorn but just plain 'ol white popcorn which is better because it has the best flavor and the least debris so to speak.

Little known facts. You can live on popcorn if you had too. There is nothing wrong with a popcorn supper and they are always tasty and can fill an empty void quickly and tide you over for quite awhile.

Where the hell did this yellow stuff come from anyway? It's full of hulls and tough and the kernels are huge which not a negative. I brought back some white popcorn from the front range and lo and behold it's white but the same as the yellow and never seen so hulls in my life.

Last weekend brought back from the ranch a bit of white popcorn that were small kernels. Never seen it before. Popped quickly and was 2/3 the size of regular white popcorn and tasted great. I would buy this so quick if I could get it and that's the point.

It's hard to get white popcorn anymore. The white I mentioned before came from this huge store on the front range and that variety was the only choice. Locally I can not buy a bag of plain old conventional popcorn the stuff I've ate my whole life.

The one choice is below in a bottle for $4 that I bought once and it's okay but I feel people stole from me because of the cost and how much you get. Going on line to look around.

Tasted some movie popcorn recently and it was sooo bad! Notice I didn't say I bought this crap. It was like $5 or so for the tiny container. Sheez-now I'm hungry.

3 comments:

  1. Funny that you should bring up Popcorn, just had some for dinner last night. Since I have been the designated "Popper" since back on the farm outside of West Bend, (where we grew our own) -- Popcorn-- I might have a little insight into what I think is the best corn.

    Always use a Whirley Popper, for the cooking liquid use 1 Tablespoon of Saved Bacon Fat, (Never throw away the bacon fat, EVER) and the rest Veggy oil, Canola or whatever. The exact quantity is kind of like Grandma's cooking. As long as it tastes good.

    The amount of Popcorn that I use is Two FULL "Dick's Other Place Shot Glasses" of White Popcorn. You Tom of course are right Yellow Popcorn sucks.

    Make sure that the oil mixture is smokin a little bit about 400 F on the electric and then add the popcorn. Stir unless you are taking a drink, but be sure and stir the mixture as it pops, as the popping slows down remove the popper and empty into either a large bowl or a Grocery Store sized paper bag.

    Into the hot pan place 1/3 stick of butter or margerine, do not put it back on the hot burner unless you are watching it carefully, when melted pour it over the popcorn a little time and shake the bowl or bag to distribute and then repeat until finished. Sprinkle Parmeson Cheese and repeat the shake thing and do the same with salt to taste.

    No One has ever complained, as a matter of fact it has become expected.

    For some popcorn info

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn

    White popcorn is readily available on the WEB, if not let me know and I will be happy to supply. Most of the grocery stores here in KC have it on the shelf. The cheap shit seems to work the best, screw Orvil.

    The best popcorn that I have ever had is a Blue or Purple Indian corn that I used to buy in New Mexico when we lived there. Smaller kernals but worth the effort. A little pricey also.


    Later,

    Tim in KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim! Never used bacon grease but will next time. Agree about the cheaper stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add, Fuck Micro Wave Popcorn, pure shit.

    ReplyDelete