9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/29/11

Pentagon Says - - -

Whether these numbers are correct or not I'm unsure but every dollar is too much.

The United States has spent $550 million so far on military operations in Libya, but expects costs to stabilize at $40 million per month

military operations in Libya were not expected to have a material effect on U.S. defense stocks


Callan said he did not expect the military action in Libya to disrupt Pentagon spending for procurement or research and development, but he also did not see it generating enough replacement orders for equipment to have U.S. defense company earnings.

What I do believe are these two things.

Defense analyst Loren Thompson at the Virginia-based Lexington Institute said the actual amount being spent was much higher, after factoring in the cost of maintaining forces that could be deployed on a moment's notice.

"So what looks like an inexpensive military operation in Libya is actually costing taxpayers about $2 billion per day, because that's what the Pentagon and other security agencies of the federal government spend to maintain a posture that allows the military to go anywhere and do anything on short notice," he wrote in a blog on the Forbes.com website.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the Chinese will lend us more money, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new amerikan way I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say we try the Teabagger way and cut some more taxes to pay for the war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sign in word is "shist". That will suffice for my comment. Beautiful photo by the way.

    ReplyDelete