9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

9/30/15

Four Years Ago Today About The Same Time

Drove out of Routt County Colorado to about 300 miles south east where I've been living since. It's not the same here but life without work and life in general has been overall pretty decent. There has been changes along the way personal and other. Same happens to others as well. For myself anyway I've not done this before and still get satisfaction knowing there is no job that I'm required to be at.

Never thought when I got here four years later I would be leaving with the intent of actually staying this time possibly up to six months.

The reasons remain the same basically warm weather and being active will keep me healthier. Will add too that I have become weary of a number of things happening here and in our country. It's worse then when the bush regime was in power and it's not about Obama.

Another reason is there will be many others like me who are there for the same reasons as I. Here feel like the Lone Stranger at times.

This time it's very different. In previous travels I was a visitor and not really a tourist. Returning to the same casa I left in March and it will be "home" this time. Will purchase some things to reflect that and make the place work a bit better. For instance I badly want a gas grille but that may be a tough one. It ain't perfect by any means but for this guy it's better than Huerfano County in the winter time. Understand too that there are quite a few moving into this very area because of it's mild winters.

So this coming Monday am heading back to El Nogalito Mexico which is less than four miles south of Puerto Vallarta. It's my hope to be able to find a walking route into "town" as the locals call it. Some of the road is just not conducive to walking and a route on the beach is needed. Walk in have breakfast, shop and take the bus back. Sounds like an idea to me anyway.

Feel fortunate to be able to do this as the bottom line is that many I know, meet, or hear about are struggling in life from different things. That aspect of life I do think about for sure. 

Hope to recapture that tremendous feeling of peace I had the last couple months in Nogalito. Believe it will still be there. Similar thing happened those many years ago living on the Volta River in Ghana. That's an add on - if not life is still sweet.

I'm gonna miss the damn cat! 

10 comments:

  1. I love, love, love being retired...finally! Anyway...safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on buddy!

    Have a good time and enjoy some decent food for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Phil!! Have a decent winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m sure the cat will miss you.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss you by a couple of weeks. Coming back from Korea end of Oct.
    Sounds to me like you are becoming an Ex Pat. :-)
    Home is where you sleep.
    Stay in touch. Spend a little money and get a smart phone. Lol


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelo and let me know when you have your phone service back on. Long over due for a chat. Try the "Hang Outs" app and let's see how that works or Skype. My internet will be slow but it will work with text and audio with those two.

      Safe travels my friend.
      Tom

      Delete
  6. And a huge vise versa on that one Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with your settling in El Nogalito! The place has given you feelings of peace in the past and it will hopefully give you the same good feelings this time .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so too Duta. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete