9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/21/08

Your donuts are gonna cost you plenty

"Bakeries in the United States are fretting over higher shortening costs. 60 internationally traded foodstuffs, climbed 37 percent last year. That was on top of a 14 percent increase in 2006, and the trend has accelerated this winter."

The above from this article written by KEITH BRADSHER speaks of cooking oils primarily palm oil something dear to my heart. Super article and rather serious in nature as this affects all of us. Back in the cornfield the beans across the road harvested this fall as of Friday were at $11.42 a bushel. Two years ago that figure was around $6.





This is what proper palm nut soup looks like.click on picture I would kiss that inept idiot of a monkey we have for a preznet ass for some of this. I shit you not. I think about palm nut soup quite a bit actually. If I ever get back to Ghana one of the very first priorities will be to indulge in this simple pleasure along with a couple of Clubs.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I tell ya, when shit like Crisco and other very basic items double in price, there is a world a hurt comin.
    I know the wheat farmers in Eastern Washington were shittin' rings around themselves not too long ago because the price was so far down. Not anymore, they can't get it on the barges fast enough and down the Columbia to put on ships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for them. Wheat prices seem to be depressed more so than not. Are not most "drylanders"?
    I swear all this shit is going to come together and when it does this county's lifestyle will change dramatically.Won't be pretty.
    As like Global Warming what is important is not that it's not happening but scientists keep missing the rate of acceleration because because it's happening so quickly.
    Same with this war, massive debt, unaccountability,an economy fueled by consumerism, fucked up weather patterns to me signal the piper will want to get paid sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete