9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

8/19/08

Hummer Accident

Through the course of the summer a number of hummingbirds make there way into the shop and just can't get out even though there's a large overhead door that is wide open. They make their way in because there is a large array of windows on the other side. I've caught and released maybe 8-10 so far this year. This guy today I got without using a towel. They are no worse for wear after this.

click on pictures for a huge view




Later I find this guy who didn't make it. Some fly like hell towards the windows slam into one and do not survive. I include this because I don't ever remember seeing a tongue. I like birds a lot most of them anyway and hate to see this happen but it just does.





Probably have one of the better views than most and quite a few interesting pictures are captured from my work area as this one was this morning.






This little rodent is a vole. Cute as hell but these little shits can cause a tremendous amount of damage over the winter. A bit unusual to see one out in the open like this for any period of time and he was lucky he didn't get snatched up by a crow or magpie. Tried to make him face the camera a bit better but when I tried to turn him a bit he scampered into the native area. I think he had an upset stomach or something.

Two friends stopped by and wanted me to golf so I did and it was fun. Used to golf for years three or four times a week but it's not like that the last few years. It's important I do this because unless you play one does not get the same perspective as driving.

Struck the ball so well and missed four par puts and didn't even get a par. That's the way it is sometimes and that's okay. We played the back nine and it was in fantastic shape I was impressed and it made me feel good to see that. Noticed only two slight mowing errors and the greens are perfect. I do my job for the maybe 10% that notice and appreciate the effort and hard work it takes to achieve playing conditions we had today and we do this on a course that is difficult to maintain at this level with never enough help. There were nine of us today and when school starts there will be less. The crew gets a big thank you tomorrow before we start the day.

3 comments:

  1. Yeesh, I wish crows ate squirrels.

    I also wish I knew why I find three or four dead bees a week on my tiny little cement slab that I call a porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not nice Nunya but maybe a clandestine feeder for these tree rats with a bit of life ending desert ingredients is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*
    I tried that 6 years ago when I tried to grow a garden. I couldn't do it again, I had the vegetables completely surrounded by caging wire, underground too. Weeding was a pain and the soil here is awful.

    ReplyDelete