9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

12/1/13

Business Is Booming

Drove through Denver on the way to Cheneyland to eat turkey and saw this. I was a bit surprised but shouldn't be probably. Click on the picture to read the writing.
Then today in the Boulder Camera there was this.

Gun deaths have outpaced motor vehicle fatalities in Colorado since 2009, but data from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment indicate the state has passed yet another milestone in death statistics.
For the first time in 2012, suicides by firearm alone surpassed motor vehicle fatalities, with 457 Coloradans dying in fatal car crashes and 532 taking their own lives using guns.

Exceptional numbers in a country with huge societal issues that like most other things will not be discussed in any intelligent way to possibly try to do better.

Gets to be old shit - just saying.

10 comments:

  1. I bet the guys in the truck are not short of business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a little bit would be my guess to Tony.

      Delete
  2. Btw. That looks like a brilliant diner in your header. My kind of place. Bet they did a nice beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a high end place for this community but it was supported for quite awhile. I do not know for sure why it closed. It's been at least two years I think. I like the picture and for a "through the window" it's just fun to look at and think about just like you did.

      Delete
  3. Classic photos! You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! I like your header!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So was the truck going to clean up at some T-day dinner, a family implosion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Business will pick up big time round xmas ya know. The season of love and good will to all cept for vulnerable spouses and children.

    ReplyDelete