9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

10/16/08

Road Trip - I'm Outta Here

Long overdue and want to get to the Pawnee Indian Museum before they close located northern middle of the state of bum fuck Kansas today. Guessing it must be 650 anyway maybe more. Need to get out of here by 4 anyway. Was there before but was so sick I want to see it again.

Across Misery to the very tip of southeast Iowa. It's different there compared to the part of the cornfield I come from let me tell ya. Want to drive along the Mississippi River up to the northeast part of the state and visit once again Effigy Mounds National Monument. The western most site of the Mound Builders. (That statement is incorrect as there are more to the west and north) Want to see the old part of some of the smaller towns along the way because old buildings and houses along rivers particularly a river like this must hold some adventure and interesting things. Then back to what was once home for a few days. I think it may be a long time before I return to this place again.

Anyway that's the plan if there is one. Hope for color on the trees and to come away with some good pictures. I wish I didn't have to go through Denver but there's no choice.

And away we go.

3 comments:

  1. Have a nice and safe trip! Funny, I am part Indian and have never I believe heard of the mound builders. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansass ain't that great nunya but I knew that.

    Well Jim you learned something here that's something anyway. When whites began moving inland they marveled at the massive size of some of these mounds and then made the determination that the local Native Americans could not be responsible in any way. That was part of the reason for extermination.

    ReplyDelete