9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/26/09

An Above Average Excellant Make You Feel Good Story

On 1/26/08 OTC put this post below up. It made me feel bad like I had put a hex or something on the second person who died.

This is the
second one in ten days. At lunch today talking about the first with a good friend and former ski patroller he related several stories he experienced with skiers who fell into tree wells. Exactly what Bill said a few hours ago happened two hours after we talked. You're alone and go in and it's head first and can't get out you are dead. Even with a partner that may not be enough as that is what happened today. His bud couldn't get him out and he didn't make it. That really sucks.

All I can say is take a minute and read this story from today and put a smile on your face that good things can happen in even the worst of circumstances. Ski Patroller's rock let me tell you.
LINK

2 comments:

  1. and sadly most skiers and riders think that they do it "just" for the free skiing. get there early and go hame after everyone else is gone, and take on unimaginable responsibilities every run they make. It's their devotion to helping people in trouble that motivates all Patrollers. And I'm going to say how much I appreciate the job they do when I see Patrollers this Sunday. Maybe we all should.

    ReplyDelete