4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

2/3/09

Charge Phelps? Inbred Idiocy At Work In The South

LINK
The badges in South Carolina are ready to file charges against this young man if they find more evidence a crime was committed.

"The bottom line is, if he broke the law, and he did it in Richland County, he's going to be charged," Cowan said. "And there's no difference between Michael Phelps and several other people that we arrest for the same type of a charge everyday."

I get so sick of this type of mentality that is decades old. Had said on a comment somewhere there will be assholes somewhere who will want to punish this national hero for doing what tens of millions do on a daily basis. I have a feeling that's what will happen in the end. Hope not but chances are good.

The lunatic fallacy of the dangers of pot must continue to live in the empty mind caverns of dumb fuckers who are too far gone to look at the numbers and the facts concerning this substance.

Before I croak can I please see at least one day where I am not considered a criminal in the eyes of John Law. Sonsofbitches!

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry! I can not see how anyone can call smoking pot a crime. I know many scientists and Doctors who do and Phelps won 8 Golds how the hell can they realistically say it is bad for you. I just don't friggen get it. To each his or her own I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheriff Dumb-Cluck is probably working both sides of the drug war. Either that or he's thinking "Oh shit, why do I have to deal with the famous kid?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember there being quite a push for changing marijuana laws in the late '70s. Needless to say, not a thing was fixed that time. I don't think any of us will live to see the day when we stop wasting money, time, and lives on this "war".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think so either Cujo unfortunatly.

    ReplyDelete