9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

2/7/09

Why I Don't Ice Fish

First I hate winter and why in the hell do I want to stand on a goddamn ice cube and freeze my ass even worse.

Then there's this.
One person who was among those stuck Saturday on a miles-wide slab of ice that floated away from the Ohio shoreline of Lake Erie has died, while more than 100 others were rescued, authorities said.

Then if all goes your way you may eventually get lucky.


5 comments:

  1. I always loved ice fishing! Here we use huts with wood floors and pot belly stoves. It is like having a town on the ice and everyone goes out for the night, drinks and has a great time. If the ice is questionable the huts are pulled in! Those guys were fools!

    I was listening to this earlier and the police chief was pissed that all those fools went out there knowing the ice was unsafe.
    I am sorry one guy died but he took that chance! I was a major risk taker but never risked anyone else lie except for my sons though I never got into a situation i could not command in time of crisis.

    That has always peeved me when idiots take foolish risks and some poor would be rescuer has to risk his or her life to save them.
    I agree with the Police chief, my thoughts were with the rescuers and the fools better be made to pay us back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I could get along just fine in a nicely equipped hut Jim but one time which was the last time in Wisconsin ice fishing we went out on thin ice and will never do that again. Caught a lot of fish though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I won't be ice fishing. I don't like cold water and then there is that issue with the orca... don't want to risk that :)

    Happy to hear that all but one of the fishermen made it off the lake safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the funniest damn clip I've seen in a while! And laugh all you want but it's one of several hundred reasons I don't and won't fish through ice. I was always skeptical about the one guy who was supposed to be able to walk on water and I still know I'll never be gifted with that ability, even on hard water.
    I've heard dozens of folks rant about how "perfectly safe" ice fishing is and follow up with a story of how some little weather change (always in the dead of winter) nearly took their life while on the ice.
    The ice fishernuts will never have to worry about me beating then to favorite fishing hole. (pun noted.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeg-this is one of the first videos I watched after I got hi-speed and never forgot it. Ice fishing just isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete