9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/28/10

Back To Reality

And that reality is after spending a number of days in the 4-Corners area that we are nothing but piss ants in time. Been there before but each time the harshness and beauty becomes even more striking.

Looking at the many photos taken on the old laptop of mine while camping did not think there were many good ones. Looking at them on the big screen here at home my bud and I were just blown away by what we saw. It was rather bland for colors because of overcast sky's and being just the beginning of spring where we were at. Below are some samples of what we saw. There will be more of course.

I have not read anything or listened to any politics for almost nine days now and am having a hard time going there and am not sure I want to for awhile and probably won't for the next few days. My pictures are better than the political posts I put up anyway. We'll see as starting this week work will become very intense for at least a couple months.

What is going to happen is there will a couple short movies about what we did. One is on a very intense climb to a ruin that we revisited that even amazes us and one on cooking in the desert which may provide too many chuckles on old One Fly.

Will try to get the ruin video up today.

Always good to be home but my real wish is to do this type of thing all the time - if only.

I hope all of you are good!






8 comments:

  1. Thanks Holte. Wait till you see this ruin video. I'll be over.

    I didn't even pick some of the real good ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Az. and you are absolutely on target.
    The four corners is the most mind cleansing experience there is. And I have been to some far out places in my life.
    But nothing brings me the serenity than that part of the country.
    It truly puts ones soul at ease. One of my customers is Navaho. He said he would me take up this summer to places on the Reservation that not too many people have access to.
    I CAN'T WAIT.
    Peyote any one???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos. Love that area and can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much time has passed since I've enjoyed that experience. Must do it again soon.

    Thanks Fly, for the rimeinder...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly we are surprised ourselves with these as it seemed the colors were just not there.

    Can I go along RZ?

    But it's the video we finally got up that get me.

    Glad you guys enjoyed this!!!

    ReplyDelete