9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

7/14/10

A Short Fun Story

UPDATE 7/15  Marcy sent me pictures of her orchid and they appear to be slightly different. You can compare for yourself. What do you think.

This morning I open up the local fish wrapper and what do I see but a picture of an orchid just like mine below. That's interesting they must have been at Dinosaur where they are found.

Then I look and here it was submitted by Marcy who lives over the pass and ranches with her hubby Dave I suppose 60 miles away. The reason I know them is that they bought my pickup that I sold when I got my new ride. I totally enjoyed these two. Cool -off went an e-mail inquiring about this. Plus they have trout and they liked me enough that they're going to let me and my bud come over and fish. I've been looking forward to that.

Didn't hear back and after work the second stop I made was at the grocery store and who's there but these two. Nice! We're going to compare pictures to be sure. The ones they found are much closer to here than the ones I photographed at Dinosaur National Monument. I want to see the ones they found as well.

My point is this. I can't tell you how a big a kick I get outta shit like this and it happens every now and then.

In the big scheme of things it may not be much but it's something anyway. Stuff like this is what makes it go round.

What a treat to see you two today!



Marcy's orchid-


6 comments:

  1. Neat story and beautiful photos top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like that flower is sticking it's tongue out at me ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have fun with this medium at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little things in life that we remember...Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you yesterday!! Sooo, what do ya think, are the orchids the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are correct that they are two different species but are very close to one another. Still a damn good story. Later,Marcy

    ReplyDelete