4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

6/13/11

Couldn't Do It

That is  - go out onto this thing. I'm stopping again and will. My legs were weak not from climbing but because well you know.  Getting inside that ball too. It's scary and most of the time no hand holds. YIKES!


7 comments:

  1. What is this? where is this? I've never seen such a thing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the link guys. I will do a post on this as I got some impressive pictures and video.

    Driven past a number of times but never stopped as I always had to get home to go to work. Yesterday took the time and glad I did. Had the whole place to myself as it was early in the morning and it was perfectly quiet. When I was leaving the screaming brats started showing up. I will go to the top of both of these towers no matter how scary it gets.

    Kick myself for never stopping before. Way too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that looks fun. I've seen it, but never stopped either. Looking forward to your report on it. Yeah, way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a better man than me, Gunga Din.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt that Patrick and I will try to get something together soon.

    This place is strange but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing isn't it. seems like there are a few like that dotting the country. You make me want to Google quite a place that was built under the Ca desert and there were lemons planted under there in the rooms with tunnels to the light. Today the tops of the trees are poking into the desert. I have to see if I can find it,

    ReplyDelete