4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

6/4/11

The Water She Rising

Runoff has begun and minor flooding is happening around the area.



From just a bit ago.

Fairly heavy frosts the last two mornings.

5 comments:

  1. Is springtime in the Rockies always so slow in coming, or is this real unusual?

    Where is the grotto? Nice crystalline structures there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Look at that water! Estes Park reported the worst snow situation in 30 years...same in Steamboat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been an unusually long and wet winter in the northwest corner of the country, Teresa E. The Columbia River has been getting near flood level for the past week or two, and Washington's snow pack is about twice normal.

    It looks like the rest of country is roasting already, but we're just seeing the first real spring weather in the Seattle area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty much what Cujo says. 250 SE and it's a drought. $5 west in Craig there's a fair amount of water over the banks. It's the same river as in the video. The Yampa.

    Everything about this winter and this spring is a record setter.

    The Grotto is a couple hundred more or less directly south from where you are at Teresa. I have to do a post about that sooner than later. Wiki it and there's a video that is just the best at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot that you had some great images of that place. Thanks for the reminder!retio

    ReplyDelete