9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

6/14/11

Why Not To Eat Farm Raised Fish

According to this piece farm raised can still contain mercury and other bad things that are bad for humans and other animals.

Farm-raised fish may have somewhat less exposure to mercury than their wild free-foraging cousins because they are usually fed a controlled diet, often consisting of more grains and soy, a cheaper and more abundant source of calories than fish meal. But they can still absorb mercury, since most fish farms are themselves located in the ocean, just close to or abutting the shoreline.



Ya think? I don't eat this stuff because it tastes so crappy. Why does it taste like this? That's easy because they grow and live in their own feces. But it's what Amerika wants and has embraced for not only fish but most other animals raised as a food source as well.


Plus much of this corporate food is mushy plain and simple in addition to tasting like crap. Think about it when you take that next bite out of your next chicken breast. There is no texture to the meat and I have quit buying chicken breasts.

I wanted to buy a whole chicky the other day and the smallest one was 5.5lbs. No. Do you remember back when you would take a bite out of the chicken you cooked and those wonderful juices so full of flavor would run out.

I miss that and that ain't coming back ever!

8 comments:

  1. The last time I bought a whole chicken, my wife swore it was big enough to be a turkey. The only farm-raised fish (or 'seafood') I will eat is catfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way out of this king-sized mess is grow/raise your own. Or buy from folks at farms or farmer's markets whom you know you can trust, where you can see their ethics at work

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the one kind I stay away from Fearguth. A while back a friend fixed some catfish from out of the Red River in Texas. I told him don't be offended if I didn't eat much. They were soooo good. Back in the cornfield they have these antique machines that make fish meal out of soy beans and still ship this stuff down south to the fish farms. They are called expellers.

    I have a couple friends who are raising some Teresa and hope to sample one soon. What I've been eating for chicken is the thighs as at least there is some flavor there. My whole life I was never a fan of that part but bring it on now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't eat fish at all. The larger fish (salmon, tuna, shark) have too much mercury and that stuff never gets flushed out of one's system once ingested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was Marvin Gaye who said" Whoa, mercy mercy me, all the fishes they got mercury"

    ReplyDelete
  6. He did. I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once you've eaten wild catfish, you'll never bother with the farm-raised kind again. My parents had a weekend cabin near one of the major rivers of the Central Valley in California, and my mother would catch catfish for dinner. Delicious! It wasn't until I was an adult that I tasted farmed catfish, and my reaction was, WTF? It looks like catfish, it smells like catfish... but it tastes like cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have sold our souls to the corporations and those who can remember what food tasted like and should taste like are paying the price. Most others don't know because corporate raised food is all they've ever known. I'm really hungry right now.

    Thanks for the visit Karen!

    ReplyDelete