4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

9/20/11

bama Wants What??

I want a pony too. He tries to take away much of this fine tasting gravy and these guys will drive their half a mil tractors and close to a mil combines out to DC and stick a pitchfork in his black ass that they hate anyway

6 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, because I live in a small farming community, I checked the list of subsidy recipients by zip code. I found a couple of local farmers who received $1500-$3000 in the past 5 years, all for flood control. The other 20 people on the list all live in the nearby big bucks golf course "community." The top one gets $700,000 a year for not growing rice, all the rest make a considerable amount of money. I don't know any REAL farmers who will suffer if subsidies are cut. But if they aren't, I've decided I'll apply for a subsidy to NOT grow Marijuana. That's the crop that makes the most money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan - that's a hell of a good idea. Some of the guys I know back in Iowa have surpassed a mil and headed for the second one. These guys are the ones that own most of their land and have the biggest house and pickups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. I bet most of the dudes getting the big bucks don't own pitchforks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's for damn sure jeg-none of these guys pitch manure anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They own senators and house members as well as John Deere's and Massey's. They plant dollars in the pockets of the politicians and they grow. There good at growing. DC is fertile ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No shit Russ. Great to hear from you. I've hardly golfed but am tomorrow,Sunday and I think Monday. I expect to be pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete