9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

5/19/09

Parents Who Really Love Their Children

Do not repeat do not brainwash them into thinking that there is an all powerful finger snapper hiding in the clouds watching every move and keeping tabs to be used later to determine whether or not this man who has wings is going to let you enter this place where you can have all the candy you want.

This congregation of Triangle residents has no creed or ceremony, just a desire to get together and offer each other support for rearing children without religion.


These children allowed to form opinions on their own when they're old enough to do so will be better human beings for it. And probably some will take the path of Christianity or whatever that's fine too but what's important is they made that choice themselves.

Parenting Beyond Belief

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I like it. Not even bothering with religion worked for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. It's about time parents that don't believe all the religious crap had a support group for help raising their kids.

    More power to those parents and their children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - Catholic.
    Dad - non-believer.
    Mom stopped taking me to church when I was 7.
    When I was 12 they decided I should know something about Christianity, so sent me to a Unitarian Sunday School for a couple of years. It was fun - we read Acts one year.

    Growing up in Tulsa, OK (which Time described at the time as "the buckle of the Bible Belt"), I had lots of friends in jr. high invite me to attend church with 'em.
    Senior year in high school I dated a minister's daughter - went on a few 'retreats'... as the resident atheist.
    I'm pretty happy with my more-or-less well-informed agnosticism.
    (I sing in a Lutheran choir - I like singing choral music.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon the congregation wouldn't approve the bullshit that led up to this, hunh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope ya feel better soon, too.

    Hope it isn't anything serious.

    ReplyDelete