9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

8/29/13

Stupidity Fodder

Why so many Merikans are what they are.

This is an example of what leads the "news" and sticks around and smells of a rotting carcass in the summer time with high humidity. There is no linky to zimmerman's wife not knowing whether they will stay married or not.

It makes shit bit of difference what I think. America thrives on bullshit like this.

7 comments:

  1. I've been listening to a book on tape. It's a true story of a wealthy woman, gone off to teach in rural Colorado around oooh...1905ish. It describes how some of her extremely wealthy friends bought newspapers...to control... Guess this is just a long way of saying that I hate what/how the news media reports news or non-news and can only wonder "why"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got it day before yesterday from my cousin back in the cornfield who wants to come see these places where I lived for a long time. I had not heard of this story before. The women who wrote it live in Hayden which is where these two went.

    I then sent her a book I have on the Basset family.

    http://oneflyspictureplace.blogspot.com/search/label/Bassett%20Family

    The real story of these two women is just starting as I didn't pay much attention to the college and Europe stuff. I do not recognize the "Elkhead School" as such. The Carpenter Ranch which I assume is the same Ferry is owned by the Nature Conservancy.

    All I know is that NW Colorado has to be one of the best places anywhere and just as rich in history.

    Late next spring I plan on spending several weeks maybe more in that part of the state. I'm very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also skipped some of the Europe stuff... I found it interesting that their families and friends had such close ties to the newpapers... Several parts indicate how the media reported things that benefited their interests, even as early as the removal of the Indians... Nothing changes, but most don't see...baaah!!! sheep...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How odd--I read that last winter also! :) Great minds seem to have an interest in the northwest, don't they?

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuk Yuk! I won't touch the great but I do know there are so many excellent stories. Extremely interesting as shown by the historical posts you do.

    ReplyDelete