9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

3/25/14

Horsey Issues In Mesa Verde

This is a good article.

In the distance, a water war is taking place between two species of animals, one wild, one trespassing, both thirsty and struggling to survive. Squaring off on either side of a small muddy spring, a herd of elk and a band of feral horses stand their ground until spooked by curious humans and their approaching machine. Dubbed “trespass livestock” they've become tourists attractions and exhibit crafty behavior, figuring out how to open an ice machine to happily munch on a frozen treat, and breaking open water lines. They loiter wherever there's water, including near bathrooms and restaurants, and also at the treated outflow from septic ponds.

Wild horses have been a huge issue for some time and the piece above explains the dynamics. I want habitat resources to be there for the indigenous wildlife not for horses. It's been time for awhile to put this meat back on the table. Link

7 comments:

  1. You know I love horses...so this time, I just can't agree with you. Still love your header though...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I knew you were going to say that. Thanks for being nice about it. The Savoy in Trinidad is still not open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm...I love horses. And I've seen the masses of wild horses at Mesa Verde...but still...I love horses.

    ❤⊱彡 Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems this situation with horses and the scarcity of water is getting a bit worse. I'd rather see elk at Mesa Verde than hoses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite an issue I imagine. Water is becoming an issue in many areas of the country. I like elk and I like wild hoses -- seems that this situation could be rectified without hurting either side. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to worry about climate change, drought, and such. It'll all even itself out again after the next Ice Age. Save The Planet? Ha! Save ourselves ... this planet will be here long after we've managed to destroy us. I have eaten mule steak before, and enjoyed it very much soooo ... In my opinion "Vive la viande de cheval!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are feeding these wild animals and that makes them dangerous. It's a deal where no one will be happy. Mule steaks huh? That sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete