4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

9/20/08

People Are Making Changes

I am moving at the end of the month. A good bud is leaving for the last time this morning taking 16% less than the asking price for his house but it did sell. Another here hopes to close next week for 20% less. A life long friend is moving also at the end of the month into a friends house along with another. All three have recently lost their jobs.

I think this is happening all over the country. Changes brought on by corruption and greed forced on many who don't necessarily deserve it. Mine is part of that but intend for it to have more positives in the end. I am one of the luckier ones.

Got shit to do but headed down to the river at least for awhile as those trips to my favorite place of all will be limited in the future. Will find other places that will work instead plus it's time to explore other fisheries.

5 comments:

  1. That airplane in your header - THAT is the type of plane I would love to fly in some day. A real one of course, not the toy. I've been in helicopters and commercial airliners, but I've never been up in a private plane. But if I ever had an opportunity to go up in one of thise old babies - so long as it was safe - I would do that in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These planes are out there Robert. Go do it-take a ride you'll love it. I've never ridden in a plane with an open cockpit myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is sometimes the hardest thing to accept but it usually winds up for the better of all concerned.

    RW

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be missed you sweet yet stubborn monkey.
    your ride along

    ReplyDelete