4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

1/21/09

He Told You It Was Gooses-They All Did !!

And you wonder why you can't sell papers as big dumb media called the bird strike a theory until today when

a feather found on a wing, backed the early theory that birds caused the near disaster

Casting a suspicion of doubt to play up the drama. Fuck you big time.

You can see a flock of geese for miles if conditions are right. And when you fly into them even at speed I'm sure one can see them real good.

You didn't cast doubt in '03 with Iraq and that always earns another fuck you.

BIG WHORE MEDIA you are as guilty as all the others because of the state of affairs our nation faces now.

1 comment:

  1. While bird strikes were certainly a possibility, there are so many other possible ways that something can fail on a take off and cause an engine failure that they were right to be cautious. When I was back in that area a couple of weeks ago, there were Canadian geese all over the place in huge numbers, so I never doubted the possibility.

    I read one article today (I think was in the WSJ) saying they'd found bent turbine blades consistent with a bird strike.

    Incidently, in science a "theory" is usually considered to be an explanation that's supportable. It really doesn't get more certain than that.

    ReplyDelete