9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/2/09

OTC's First And Probably Last Movie Review

Did not work today so picked up my boss and had lunch at a pretty decent Mexican joint. Actually like my boss as we've worked together for 16 years. He's also a good friend which is nice in these times. In any case over lunch decided to go see an afternoon movie. Parked right on main street which is unusual this time of year because normally there's 5000 more tourists in town.

Saw Valkyrie based on the true story of the last attempt to kill Hitler a few months before the end of the war.

There was-
Plenty of Germans good and bad.
What appeared to me authentic German planes which I liked.
Uniforms also looked authentic.
Not too much killing or blood.
The typical stereotype of a German soldier when a bad ass was needed.
Only a couple of Frauleins who showed no skin.
No swearing
Drama always

In the end the good guys lost and all got whacked. That's about it. Cost six and a half smackers and came with a shitty seat.

It gets five out of a possible ten ears of field corn. Speaking of corn they wanted $5.50 for a small popcorn. Yikes!

A side note about Germans-
A few years ago when my Dad was visiting several friends were also there. In attendance was a Frentzel a Himmelberger and a Dahlhauser. I explained that I was French and Dad said "Don't believe a word he says. He's just as German as the Kaiser".

Really- I'm French.

8 comments:

  1. I'm a mutt says my mom with a couple of Indian tribes thrown in for good measure. I'd say I'm mostly white (Irish, Scottish, English, Norwegian, German) and some Cherokee and a splash of Sioux. I was born brown though and still am brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it was a good movie. You didn't like?

    Norwegian, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord knows what all there be in me. Here's the ones I know about in no particular order---

    German, French, Scots-Irish, English, Huron, & possibly Dutch, but illiterate indentured servants didn't exactly keep great records, so who knows about the Dutch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll pass on the movie, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mutts are good!

    I would watch it again Clark but not pay. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Maybe it should have gotten six ears instead of five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you were German, you would have had pork and sauerkraut for dinner on New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tres bien, Une Mouche, there can never be enough of us.

    ReplyDelete