9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

1/6/09

Outrage Update/Murder On Mainstreet

This is a followup to the previous post concerning the beating resulting in death of a soldier over a goddamn song playing on a jukebox here in Steamboat Springs,Co.

Sgt. 1st Class Richard Lopez was a member of U.S. special forces in Iraq and Afghanistan who was badly wounded in Afghanistan, his relatives said today.

Here is the link to the latest article from the local fish wrapper that contains quite a bit more information.

Needless to say I am saddened and also super pissed off about this for more than one reason.

This soldier was able to survive those two hell holes plus being severely wounded but unable to survive the streets of Steamboat Springs having been murdered in the middle of downtown. Murder isn't quite correct because he died later of severe head trauma but this is a killing without question.

It happened right outside of this business where the problems started right in the center of downtown about a ten block stretch.


This town because of the way it has been developed now depends on tourists to drive the economy. Realtors and the Chamber of Commerce are the main players with the family aspect a large part of the marketing plan. In past history population doubles several times during the year. That has not happened this ski season so far.

To my way of thinking there are far too many reports of intoxicated people in public along with the fights. Few arrests or charges because it's my opinion that costs people in business money. Ironically there are many DUI arrests.

There has been no mention of alcohol with the five men involved but you can bet your life it's part of this tragedy. This country's relationship with alcohol is and has been an extreme negative for our society. Much of the negative is the result of the way it's marketed.

Want to offer sincere condolences to Sgt. 1st Class Richard Lopez's son, his family and friends and say to them that even in disagreement with the wars does not mean this man's service to our country is not respected or appreciated. It's the opposite.

I'm so sorry this happened.

5 comments:

  1. What a sad story. Some drunks beat up a college student in Kutztown, PA last year just for the hell of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who really knows what happened there? I'm sorry it happened too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this post is very harsh. In the linked to article the word "slipped" is used.

    It's my understanding a weapon of some sort was used.

    Until it's determined a slip was the cause harsh will remain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcohol is involved in quite a few crimes and accidents. I remember reading an article in one of the local Seattle papers many years ago, where the local police said that at least half the crimes they handled were committed under the influence of alcohol or some other drug.

    Whenever I read a story like this, where someone is assaulted or killed for no reason, the first thing I assume is that the people involved were drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll see Cujo. There's much that's not known. I may have spoken too quickly. I can not believe at this time this man given his back round took two shots to the head so easily. His two friends were also beaten.

    My source on a weapon being used is fairly good. If I missed this I've got some splaining to do.

    Alcohol was involved I'm positive.

    ReplyDelete