9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

6/18/09

Bones From Yesterday

Yea even an old dog gets a bone now and then. I do not fancy myself a photographer or a movie maker of any sorts. I enjoy it a bunch trying to take pictures that are interesting to me and videos that are different as well something not seen else where. It's just fun.

All this stuff was done yesterday in one area. Click on the flower pictures as the clarity is amazing.

I must have columbine myelitis as I do not tire of these flowers and enjoy seeing them in places like this so that is the reason for the video.



This creek is still roaring from runoff. The reason for this video is the intensity of the water and the fact most of the trees are gone having been removed because of beetle kill. Last year the houses would not have been able to be seen. I like the one at the very end.

On a sad note last Saturday a women lost her life in this creek above here. Also on the same day in Wyoming another local lost his life as well in fast and dangerous water in a canoe.



This because you'll not see this anywhere else.



Click on these and take a good look and maybe try one for a screen saver for a day or so. The centaurea/mountain bluet in the first picture have been battered by rain and some hail. This is my favorite color of blue.





6 comments:

  1. nice way to start the day, beautiful. We are just beginning to see some betle kill here in the Adirondacks and Vermont. DEC is going to introduce a larvae that has it's way with the beetles. Hope it works as I was noticing yeaterday that areas that have been forested since I was a kid now have just dead trunks sticking up towards the sky on many mountainsides and it looks to be sectional as only certain areas high up are effected. And remember, the secret to a successful golf swing is to swing as hard as you physically can and gtip that club like it is the only one you have. Just a tip, ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some beautiful wildflowers!

    How long before the creek slows down to where it's more fishable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you are a photographer to me, those were great and the flowers were gorgeous even the ones in your first picture but I agree with you. The Blue ones are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about that blue for sure. in 10-14 days there should be some improvement GE because I plan on fishing this a bunch. The body of this women needs to be recovered and it can't be done till the water goes down.

    Had shorts on for the first time in about two weeks and hit a few yesterday. Have been swinging hard Russ and it seems to be working. Maybe cause I'm keeping my head down.

    It rained again today-that's all it does is rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya have good taste my man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the video; the flowers look like angels wearing parachutes with their wings...........

    Great photos

    ReplyDelete