4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

6/16/09

Legalize Pot-Yes Make It So

Breckenridge,CO could do just that.

A marijuana advocacy group is gathering signatures to put pot laws to voters in municipal elections this fall. The group wants to see an ordinance to remove all criminal penalties from the town code for the private use of marijuana, under 1 ounce, by adults 21 and older.

The cops are making the same lame excuses as always and this video about medical marijuana in New Jersey blows those reasons clear out of the water.

Please can the Drug War end so sanity can prevail in how this country treats people who choose to use this harmless but very beneficial drug.

I am not a criminal-you are not a criminal and my friends and the millions of others are not either. I am sick and fucking tired of having this hang over my head 24/7!!

Video courtesy of Collateral News.

4 comments:

  1. Here's hoping it passes, One Fly.

    Maybe this will be the start of a movement across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weight of those in prison due to pot violations becomes so heavy because of the money it takes to support keeping them in their cells, support will crumble. Crashing to the ground and setting them free. Maybe not this year, but someday. Someday will come in California soon and then states will follow like gay marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to Collateral News, of which I was unaware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys and this site was new to me as well Larry. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete