4/16/17
This is Bistek al la Mexicana a common dish found many places. There are several places I get this some better than others but all real decent! Kind of a tomato based sauce with generally pretty tender pieces of beef and a fair amount of it. The rice is pretty generic but the frijoles can be something else. This also includes as many fresh made in front of you tortillas you want and brought to you with a smile. Something like this costs around 50-60 pesos or $3. The squeezed as you watch orange juice is 20 and brings the price up a bit but worth it. Nothing in the States I've ever had compares to this not even close plus it'll cost 7-10 smacks. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I return. It will be an adjustment as I do this so much that is go into Puerto Vallarta on the south side and have me a excellent lunch with "real" Mexican food not the slop I get back there. I do not plan on eating out much at all only at maybe three select places. Pricey yes but worth it because it's so good. I threw away so much money last summer eating way overpriced shitty food. Several times the food got thrown away as well. The whole of Mexico is an eating machine I tell you. I'm gonna miss this.

I feel good and and think the higher temps and humidity contributes to that. It's the same every time. After a month or two you realize and say " Hey I feel pretty damn good!"

Just as important I believe the food made fresh with wholesome fresh ingredients as well contributes to that. Get off the bus in town the food smells everywhere make me hungry just like that.

6/16/09

TSA Ever Vigilant In Stupid Department

It's a knife-a small one. Stop the presses and throw common sense out the window and fuck with the passengers who are on board and want to get to where the hell the plane is supposed to be headed.

We haven't excluded the possibility that it was inadvertently left behind by some maintenance workers, or something as simple as that," she said. She was not sure where the knife was found, but passengers on the 5:50 p.m. flight were taken off the plane and their luggage was rescreened and nothing was found, McCauley said.

TSA doing this kind of shit is not new I just have a problem with people or organizations being dumb fuckers.

3 comments:

  1. The only people they hire for the TSA are those for whom the trip to the airport is as far as they've ever been from home. I believe there is a physiognomical profile they must meet, too: Ridged, sloping forehead, monobrow, slack-jawed, floppy-lipped, drooling, morbidly obese, functrionally illiterate, moronic, pin-headed knuckledraggers get preferences, with extra points awarded for demonstrated hostility toward "others."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is asinine. If someone wants to cause trouble they do not need a pen knife. They just continue this facade of concern and security and have no problem inconveniencing in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ain't the brilliance of the TSA just fucking wonderful?!?!

    ReplyDelete