9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/23/09

A Question About Geodes

There are a bunch of these around at the ranch. Some of them are huge perhaps approaching three feet in diameter and they are geodes but the crystalline center is not that large.

I have searched but yet to find information on geodes of this size.

My question to you if you care to respond is - do you think there is any value in something like this in particular the larger ones as perhaps an art form not to be broken open but to be adapted into landscaping and such things.

I find their size to be somewhat unique and certainly unusual but what the hell do I know. I'd dig these damn things out all day long if I could sell them for big bucks to insane rich wingers and nutters.

Thanks and have a good Monday. It's snowing with 3" on the ground.

6 comments:

  1. A guy I knew in Missouri 20 years ago, used to slice them up thin, polish them and make, and sell, the most exquisite wind chimes. It was a hobby for him, not a career. You never know what's in them until you open them up. There was a market for cut (in half) and polished Geodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you crack them open and it's purple inside (amathyst) I've seen large chunks for sale at tourist spots for over a thousand bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bunch of us hauled 2 truckloads back from Geode State Park near Keokuk: not that size,tho. We sold them unbroken for $10 a piece. To cut them involves an industrial diamond saw, etc. They are beautiful sometimes and make interesting yard and garden ornaments. The big ones might be worth a bunch if can open, clean and find good stuff in them. How about a U-Pick-Em Geode Ranch: that way you wouldn't have to do any heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow one fly, you might have something really valuble there! I have seen the smaller ones at tourist and gift shops. You should call someone in your area and look into it!

    I'm so jealous of your snowfall, I hope we get some in NJ this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like that dig your own geode idea

    bike master's comment needed a spew warning -- thank lard i missed the dog and the laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has been cattle mutilations fairly close by and having told to you first hand from a pretty conservative fellow and he don't know what to think.

    Anybody want to buy a big ass geode for big bucks yet to be determined? Shipping is free ya know.

    Thanks and send some warm weather. 4* this morning.

    ReplyDelete